25th Birthday Weekend Snapshots
Despite my original 25th birthday plan of traveling to Europe being ruined, my amazing husband and family didn’t fail to make this a memorable birthday for me. Here are the details on how I spent my 4-day birthday weekend:
Saturday(01/16): We had a typical birthday party celebration with fajitas and cake. My favorite part was being surprised with a mariachi for the night. It’s always been a dream of mine to have mariachi for a birthday, and thanks to my husband and dad that wish was fulfilled.
Sunday(01/17): Sunday was not as eventful, but I went out for a little shopping and enjoyed dinner with my family.
Monday(01/18): This was my self-care day and I went to get pampered with a mani-pedi & facial.
Tuesday(01/19 my actual birthday): Started the day with a delicious lunch with my husband and baby boy. Then did lots of shopping with my sister and finished off the night having dinner with my best friends!
Thank you all for the birthday wishes! Also, here is the decor and dress I used for my birthday party.
1. If you haven’t noticed I am the typical “girly girl”. I love all things pink & sparkly.
2. In high school, I wore heels almost everyday and was sometimes made fun of for going so “dressed up”.
3. I am considered an extrovert, I honestly don’t have a problem with social outings or meeting new people.
4. I am a night owl! Once Alex goes down to bed, I am usually in work mode whether it be completing house chores, reading, or working on my blog. I dread early mornings!!
5. I am a homebody. This one might seem weird since I just told you I am an extrovert, but I love being home, watching movies, and snuggling in bed with my family.
6. I love dancing even though I’m not great at it!
7. I used to go to sleep while listening to music, but that habit died when I got married.
8. I like washing dishes! Something about this chore is therapeutic to me, this is the time where I slow down gather my thoughts before bed and take time to be grateful for the good things.
9. Similar to #8, I love organizing. I have been at my mom’s house for almost 2 weeks now and organized 2 closets & 1 bathroom!
10. I love jewelry especially anything gold or pearl!
11. I like listening to podcasts in the mornings while I get ready for work and on the drive to work.
12. I am very hard on myself in all aspects of life. I always strive to be the best in everything I do.
13. I am a very emotional/sentimental person. I cry with any emotional situation whether it be watching a movie or listening to a friend.
14. Love yourself! My whole life I’ve struggled with lack of self-confidence & body image, but I am learning to love myself and my body especially after having a child!
15. Learn to say no! I have always been such a people pleaser, where I wanted everyone to like and said yes to everything. But I’ve learned to say no and only work on things that matter to me.
16. I am unique! I am the only me and that makes me unique.
17. Material things don’t fulfill me. Family, relationships, & memories made are what’s important to me!
18. Stop caring about what others say about me! Similar to #15 I have learned to stop pleasing others and to stop caring about what they say because they don’t really know who I am.
19. If no one treats you like a queen, treat yourself like a queen! Know your worth and treat yourself. Don’t wait for someone to do it for you or to treat you to what you want.
20. Prioritize! Life can get busy working full-time, being a wife/mom so I have learned to spend my time wisely.
21. Invest in yourself! Take that learning course, go to a spa, start that business. Don’t be afraid to do what you are passionate about and to grow in life.
22. Be kind! Always be kind, you never know what someone might be going through and you could be the one to make their day.
23. Contentment over happiness! So many people spend their time looking for happiness, but I have learned to find contentment in the little details of my daily life. Contentment is a steady state that accepts the good with the bad and makes it work either way.
24. Travel as much as you can! I am so grateful that I have been able to travel and look forward to more trips with my family!
25. Let yourself take a break! It is okay to stop and relax. Our bodies need it and you will be refreshed & reenergized.
I know this was a long blog post, but if you made it all the way, comment below something you learned about me or a lesson I learned that you resonate with.