Good Morning and happy Friday! Today I will be sharing all details of my current skincare routine. My routine is just a guide and resource of what I have learned works for my skin. Everybody’s skin is different and reacts differently to various skincare products. My skin is dry to normal and I have large pores. I have found that this routine is what works best for me, so let’s get started.
- Kiehl’s Ultra Facial Cleanser: I have always had very sensitive skin and and struggled with finding the right cleanser that didn’t irritate my skin first thing in the mornings. The moment I tried this one I fell in love! It left my skin so soft and bright. It is the perfect gentle cleanser for anyone with sensitive skin.
- Clinique Toner: Toner will remove any impurities from your pores that weren’t properly removed after washing your face. I usually just take a cotton ball, put toner on it, and sweep it all over my face to make sure I get rid of everything.
- Ole Henriksen Truth Serum: This serum is great for my dry skin! It has orange and green tea extracts which nourish the skin and Vitamin C which brightens the skin. This definitely helps my face look smoother and brighter! I do not skip this in my morning skincare routine.
- Ole Henriksen Brightening Moisturizer: This moisturizer is great for dry skin because it is intended to hydrate for up to 24 hours! My skin needs all the hydration it can get which is why I decided to try this one out. It is a great moisturizer, definitely keeps my face smooth and hydrated and makes my makeup application so much easier.
- Clinique Sunscreen: It is very important that you incorporate sunscreen into your daily skincare routine even if it’s cloudy outside. By doing this you will avoid the damage of UV rays and prevent any discoloration or dark spots.
- Ole Henriksen Eye Cream: This eye cream is my FAVORITE! I actually have it in my cart now because I need to restock.This cream really brightens up the under eye area and makes makeup apply so smoothly without any fine lines showing.
- Double Cleansing: At night I like to follow the double cleanse method. This method comes from a long Korean beauty regimen, you can read all the details about it here. Basically you will use an oil base or balm base cleanser first and then a water based facial cleanser after. Here is an outline of my specific steps for this method:
- Apply clinique cleansing oil or Elemis cleansing balm all over my face depending on how much make up I’m wearing. If I’m wearing more makeup I use the Elemis cleansing balm.
- Instead of rinsing my face, I will use a warm wet washcloth to remove all the makeup, grime, dirt off my face. This also kind of serves as a form of exfoliation.
- Apply Kiehl’s Ultra Facial Cleanser directly to my face without wetting my fingertips or face.
- Turn the wash cloth over to the clean side and wipe away any extra residue.
- Finally, I rinse my face with water and pat dry with a clean wash cloth.
- Ole Henriksen Exfoliator: I usually exfoliate twice a week on Sundays and Wednesdays if I can remember. I love this exfoliator because it really does leave my skin feeling so fresh and smooth after I use it for a couple days until the next time I use it.
- Ole Henriksen Toner: I don’t use toner daily, but when I notice my skin looks very dull then this toner will brighten. It is a dark spot toner and I don’t have many dark spots which is why I don’t use daily since my skin is very sensitive.
- Boscia Hydration Serum: Ever since my pregnancy, my skin became very dry. I even developed various dry patches throughout my mouth, nose, and forehead. tried many products and nothing worked until I bought this one. Until this day, I still use it every night and it really helps keep my skin hydrated and glowy.
- Kiehl’s Ultra Facial Moisturizer: This moisturizer is seriously so so good and it is at such a good price! It really does a great job keeping my skin healthy and hydrated day after day.
- IT Cosmetics Eye Cream: This is my favorite night eye cream I’ve ever used! It instantly brightens my under eye area when I apply it. And in the mornings I don’t look so much as a zombie even though I still don’t sleep much, because you know mom life.
- Laneige Lip Balm: Dry lips is another thing I have my mom body to thank for. I never ever skip this step no matter how tired I am. This will definitely smooth and moisturize my lips and leave them ready for the morning.
Sephora’s Holiday Savings Event starts next week with their VIP Rouge members, so if you are not signed up for their beauty insider program you can go ahead and sign up here for an extra discount off your skincare purchase. I will be covering more details about this savings event in future blog posts.
Well, I think this about covers everything. If you think I missed something or have questions about anything in my skincare routine, please leave a comment below. Thank you for reading and have a great weekend!